Meet our Volunteer of the Week, Eileen Hawkins! Eileen is a Team Leader and has been serving in Early Childhood for over 4 years. You’ll find her in Clubhouse B every other Saturday at 5:45pm. She is dedicated to creating an inviting atmosphere so every child feels welcomed. Eileen is very patient, tons of fun and is an inspiration to all that are around her. Thank you, Eileen, the best is yet to come!
We are overflowing with children! Last weekend we had 426 children, the highest number of kids for us this year, visit our ‘Backyard’. Praise God! Thank you for serving faithfully so all children have an opportunity to hear about Jesus.
Spring is almost here!!! Please look ahead to April and May and make sure you have your serve dates marked on your calendar. It’s extremely helpful to give us a few weeks notice if you have a scheduling conflict. Also, if you request a sub please try and be a sub for someone so it all balances out.
Next month, we will have 10 Easter service at the Orland campus. Please feel free to ask your friends and family if they’d like to serve with you, we LOVE it when you bring a friend. The more the merrier! Please try and notify your coach or myself before the service if at all possible. Thanks!
Here’s 10 reasons people should serve in Children’s Ministry.
1. We were created to serve. (Ephesians 2:10)
2. Jesus modeled serving for us. (Mark 10:45)
3. Kids are the greatest mission field. (Matthew 9:37)
4. God blesses people who serve in children’s ministry. (Matthew 10:42)
5. Jesus ministered to children. (Mark 10:13-15)
6. Easier to build boys than repair men.
7. Serving help us get connected to other people. Service creates community.
8. God uses children to reach parents.
9. Serving brings glory to God. (1 Peter 4:11)
10. Kids are the most receptive to the Gospel.
*From Relevant Children’s Ministry blog post 3/5/14
Thank you again for your faithfulness to serve at Parkview Christian Church. I hope you experience a deep joy from using your gifts and serving the local church. Take good care of you and I look forward to seeing you soon.